Each time you get dressed up to go out, you have many different eye makeup options… it really just depends on your mood and outfit! You can draw a cat eye, you can leave them bare to keep the focus on a bold lip, you can rim the inner waterline, you can do a classic smoky eye, or… you can do a Sparkle Smudge! It’s dramatic and ultra-feminine and very compliment-heavy. So add this option to your repertoire and I trust you’ll bring it out on the perfect occasion! Here’s how:
- Longwear Eyeliner Pencil: You can use a kohl pencil as well, but when you smudge it, it’s going to dissipate too much, so I recommend using a longwear pencil so it’s more intense and lasts longer. Try Laura Mercier Longwear Creme Eye Pencil in Espresso or Wet N Wild Megalast Eye Pencil in Black/Brown.
- Sparkle Shadow: I used Bobbi Brown Sparkle Eyeshadow on Lexi above because it’s the perfect amount of sparkle without getting showgirl.
- Voluminous Mascara: I used Covergirl Bombshell Volume Mascara because it gives the biggest lashes out there right now.
- Line the upper lashline. Make it a generous line and not too thin!
- Next, line the lower lashline. While you’re down there, rim the inner waterline as well.
- Smudge the upper liner with your finger by rubbing your finger back and forth to really smear the liner onto the lid. Keep most of the intensity towards the lashline and the rest on your lid (keep it south of the crease). If you need a refresher, revisit my Smudging 101 Tutorial.
- Smudge the lower liner with your finger as well.
- Press your finger into the sparkle shadow to pick up the product as demonstrated above. You can certainly use a brush, but I love the control you have with your finger.
- Press the shadow directly on top of the smudged upper liner. Stamp it all over the liner then continue just above it into the crease.
- Press the shadow onto the lower smudged liner as well.
- Finish with a couple coats of mascara.