Cat eyes, winged shadows and corner lash strips are three of our favorite techniques to elongate the eye. But if you rather make them look really big and awake, try this technique with a lash curler and your favorite mascara! It’s a subtle illusion, but a lot of people really love doing it this way. The only way you’re going to find out if it’s for you is to try it one morning and wear it all day, catching glimpses in the mirror to see if you love it. Here’s how:
- Lash Curler – I used Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, the cult favorite because it’s long enough to accommodate any eye length and it really gives a strong pinch.
- Your Favorite Mascara – I used Kevyn Aucoin Volume Mascara, my newest obsession because it really paints and maximizes the lashes.
- Pinch your lashes at the base with the lash curler. Revisit my Pinch Me Tutorial to see my secret trick to really flare them up.
- Concentrate the mascara on the center section of the upper lashes by directing the wand from up above and pulling each lash upwards as demonstrated in the picture.
- Change direction by painting the same section with the tip of the wand from below each lash moving the tip upwards.
- Paint the center section of the bottom lashes as well.
Tags: amy nadine, amy nadine makeup, beauty, blog, easy, eye, eyelash, how to, kevyn aucoin, lash, lash curler, lashes, make up, makeup, mascara, pretty, shu uemura, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tip, tips, tutorial, volume