NATURAL HAIR CHIGNON
It’s definitely not easy to find tutorials online for girls with curls, frizz or natural texture so we’re going to try and remedy that by bringing more of these to the blog. We don’t claim to be natural hair experts, but we certainly know a cute updo when we see one! This particular chignon is great for anyone with lots of natural volume. It’s a great way to pull it all together when you’re rushing out the door to dinner or going on a date. Here’s how this sweet chignon was done…
- Start with all of your hair down. I personally like this chignon best with a side part, but you can do center, too.
- On one side make 2 twist braids. Try making one smaller than the other to mix it up.
- Take all of the hair behind your ears and down to the nape of your neck and make a bun. We went for a more “round bun” rather than the typical ballerina style bun that’s twisted into place. You can get a rounder bun by pulling the hair 3/4 of the way through your ponytail holder and pinning the rest underneath.
- Once your bun is in place, take your two twists from the first side and pin them over the top of the bun.
- Next, make a single twist on the opposite side.
- Now pin that over the bun as well. When pinning this section we used a larger bobbypin for extra support.
- Finally, you want to roll the remaining hair in front toward the back. We rolled “up and back” for this look but you can roll under and back if you prefer. Pin into place right above the bun in back and tuck in any remaining pieces.
How cute is Meskie!? Best hair ever and such a natural at doing updos! Looking forward to bringing you many more! xo