LOSE YOUR BAGGAGE!
There aren’t many (non-surgical) options for really bad undereye bags… but there are a few things we can do take the puffiness down so we’re a little less self-conscious! Some of the more obvious remedies are to get as much sleep as you can, drink lots of water throughout the day and lower or limit (eek!) your salt intake. Experts say to lower your caffeine intake as well because it can be bloating. But if you have a life and like to enjoy it, try this quick fix using milk! Why milk? Because the lactic acid in milk assists in lowering puffiness and even helps with dark circles.
- Cheese Cloth (if you don’t have one, you can soak cotton pads)
- 1/4 cup of milk (you won’t even need that much!)
- Cut two hearts or semicircles into the cloth to make your own “pads”.
- Pour the milk over the pads enough to fully soak them but not drench them.
- Press your fingers all over the pad to make sure every part of it is wet.
- Place a pad under each eye getting it close enough to the lashline as you can without it actually touching the lashline.
- Wait 3-5 minutes then remove the pads and use a wet washcloth to wipe off any leftover milk.
If you aren’t a DIY-kind-of-gal, my favorite undereye pads are WEI Tibetan Chrysanthemum Correcting Eye Treatment Pads and Caswell-Massey Cucumber Eye Pads. I also recommend keeping a couple of spoons in your freezer so on a really bad bag morning, you can hold one under each eye until they’re no longer cold. You can also try cold cucumber slices. Ooh and try Nip Fab Viper Venom Eye Fix for tightening bags and tackling dark circles too!