I love this look for Homecoming, New Year’s or any time you’re feeling really festive! And because the glitter is light and paired with a light shadow instead of a dark smoky eye, it’s more wearable than you might think. Just know that it’s compliment-intensive so be prepared to say “oh thank you” a lot! Here’s exactly what I did on singer-songwriter Lexie Hofer above:
- A Pale Pink Shadow — Lexi’s wearing Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Eye Shadow in Pink Smoke.
- A 2-Dimensional Glitter — I used NYX Sparkling Glitter Powder in Snow (they’re becoming hard to find unfortunately but MAC Glitter in Reflects Gold is gorgeous too)
- A 3-Dimensional Glitter — I layered NYX Sparkling Glitter Powder in Disco Ball on top.
- Black Liquid Liner — I used Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner because the ultra-fine brush is super user-friendly.
- Scotch Tape
- Black Shimmer Eye Shadow — I used Stila Jewel Eye Shadow in Black Diamond because it’s softer than a matte black shadow.
- Your Favorite Mascara — I used Maybelline Great Lash.
- Apply the light pink shadow all over the lid and crease.
- Press your finger in any kind of balm to get it slightly tacky. MAC Pro has a Mixing Medium that works great, but if you don’t want to make the investment, use a light layer of lip balm. Then press it in the 2-D glitter to load a light layer and stamp it across the lid.
- Press your finger in the 3-D glitter
- Stamp it across the lid and crease.
- Line your upper lid with the black liquid liner. Wing it out and up for a cat eye (optional).
- Wrap your finger with Scotch tape, making sure the sticky side is on the outside. Press it wherever glitter has dropped down on your cheeks to pick it up. Revisit my Glitter Picker Upper Tutorial for more details!
- Sweep the black shadow along the lower lashline (I concentrated it on the outer half but you can certainly apply it along the entire lashline).
- Finish with a couple coats of mascara.
I paired it with a hot pink lipstick (Dior Addict Extreme in Lucky) but you can rock a red too!