This Fall, dare to step out of your comfort zone a little with this incredibly dramatic eye! Most of us would never dream of wearing RED eye shadow, but anchored with black shadow and paired with a nude or red lip, it’s actually very wearable and quite gorgeous with any eye color! It’s almost like it brings black shadow to life like a fiery sunset behind it! Here’s how:
- Red Eye Shadow — My favorites are Red Carpet from Jane Iredale (used on Brook above) and this one from Medusa Makeup.
- Black Eye Shadow — I used L’Oreal Infalliable Shadow in Eternal Black because it has a little sparkle in it to bring it to life.
- Your Favorite Mascara, Angled Liner Brush, Blending Eye Shadow Brush and Small Smudge Brush
- Load up a thin angled liner brush with the black shadow and start by tracing your lashline. Then continue tracing lines above each other as you build upwards the perfect amount for your eye surface area. Stop in between each to layer and open your eye to see how far up you want to take it, but make sure to leave your crease untouched.
- Dip the liner brush back into the black shadow and trace it along your lower lashline.
- Sweep an eye shadow blending brush into the red shadow and sweep it back and forth along your crease. Make sure not to go up too high along the crease towards your brow bone though.
- With a small smudge brush, trace the red shadow along the lower lashline just below where you drew the black line.
- Finish with a couple coats of mascara.