The orange lip trend is everywhere this Fall but can be a little intimidating. How do I wear it? What eye makeup do I wear it with? Blush or bronzer? Of course with makeup there are no rules and however you want to express yourself, I stand behind you! But this is how I’d do it. And maybe you’re thinking you have no interest in this trend, but I’m nonchalantly asking you (with no hard feelings either way)… what do you have to lose? You try it and if you’re not feeling it, you wipe it off and go with something else! Here’s exactly what I did on my lovely model Brook Power above.
- Orange Lip Pigment — I used MAC Lipmix in Orange because it really pops and is a true orange.
- Lip Brush — I used MAKE UP FOR EVER Precision Lip Brush 302 because it provides the perfect edge for the perimeter.
- Coral Lip Liner — Try Beauty Is Life Lip Contour Liner in Orange.
- Pearl Eye Shadow — I used NARS Single Eye Shadow in Edie.
- Navy Blue Eye Liner — I used Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof Liner in Minuit because it’s gorgeous and stays put for hours.
- Angled Liner Brush — I used Space NK’s Liner Brush because it beat out the rest to find a home in my kit for it’s thinness and stiffness.
- Mascara — I used Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black because it’s a classic and never disappoints.
- Cream blush — I paired the lip and eye with CHANEL’s new limited edition Le Blush Creme de CHANEL in Revelation 63.
- Foundation — Brook is wearing CHANEL Vitalumiere Aqua Skin Perfecting Makeup in #50 because it’s super lightweight but covers where you need it (while letting her freckles sparkle!).
- Powder — I used Tarte Aqualillies Smooth Operator Loose Powder because it really sets the makeup without looking cakey.
- Apply foundation all over your face and neck with your favorite foundation brush.
- Set it with powder.
- Apply the pearly-white shadow all over your lid and crease as a single wash of color.
- Line the upper lashline with the navy blue liner. Wing it slightly out and up for a little more stylized look.
- Perfect the wing by slightly dragging the liner brush to extend the tip of it.
- Line the bottom lashline.
- Add a couple coats of mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- Apply the light peach cream blush along the cheekbones.
- Line the perimeter with the lip liner then use it to fill in the entire lip.
- Finish with the star of the show, the orange lip pigment! Use the lip brush for precision.
And for the jewelry lovers out there, the rings she’s wearing in the Blush step are Anna Beck’s Green Onyx Stackable Rings, my newest obsession and head-turner that I got on a shoot with Rachel Bilson last week (and had to have!).Tags: amy nadine, beauty, blog, bright, cat eye, color, coral, easy, eye, eyeliner, Eyeshadow, fall, fashion, fun, how to, liner, lip, lipstick, look, make up, makeup, orange, pop, pretty, style, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tip, tips, trend, tutorial