A while back I had posted the photo above on my personal instagram. It was a photo of Lauren’s hair while we were on set of her Kohl’s photoshoot. Some of you wanted to know how to do this braid/twist combo. Thought I would re-create it for a tutorial. Would be a great look for a wedding, a date or just a weekend out and about with your bests. Here’s how to get the look in 6 simple steps.
You will need: 2 small clear elastics, 2 small bobbypins, 2 large bobby pins, your flat iron (for waves), and some delicate flora.
- Start by parting your hair where you want. We parted to the side but it looks great in the middle, too! Do a regular french braid (tutorial on how to do that HERE) on one side. Tie the hair off with a small clear elastic once you pass your ear.
- Then do the same on the other side and tie it off with a small clear elastic as well.
- Next you’re going to use a small piece of hair to conceal the visible elastic. Pick up a tiny piece of hair from underneath the braid and wrap it around the elastic until it’s hidden. Now use a small bobbypin to secure. Do the same thing on the other side.
- Now take both of the ponytails from your braids and twist them back toward each other. Cross them over each other and then…
- Use 2 large bobby pins to secure them together. We like to do a criss-cross X shape with the pins. They should run parallel to the twists. In other words, just slide the 2 bobby pins in an X formation under the twists.
- Now add the daintiest, sweetest flowers you can find. My favorite is Queen Anne’s Lace. It comes in bigger bunches, but I pick off the individual petals and slide them into the hair. They’re so light weight, you don’t really need to pin them in. I never have problems with them falling out.
Here the hair was waved with the flat iron, which you may remember from THIS TUTORIAL.
Good luck! Hope you do this over the weekend. If you do, take a photo and tag us on instagram @TheBeautyDept!