Today we’re bringing you a tutorial you’ve been asking for over the last several months. We read all of your emails and we heard the request! We partnered with our favorite magical fountain of youth, Restorsea. As you may know, we’ve become a little obsessed. We love a good 2-in-1. Restorsea exfoliates as well as moisturizes so you get a youthful healthy glow that you can’t necessarily get with just a regular moisturizer. If you have a favorite already, you can definitely use that for this tutorial because the steps would be the same. If you want to check out Restorsea for yourself you can find their Starter Kit here. Use “startkit” to basically get the eye cream for free. Okay, here we go!
Day time moisturizer, eye cream, clean hands, mirror.
1. After shower or cleansing, start with an analysis by looking closely and touching your skin. Do some areas feel drier or more tout than others? Is there more redness, irritation or flakiness around your nose or chin? Remember, you don’t have to treat your entire face the same way.
2. Start by warming up a quarter-sized dollop in between your fingers. This step is really important to activate the ingredients with the heat of your body temperature so it melts into your skin more.
3. Target the driest areas with the most amount of cream by applying it directly to the area with your fingertips in patting and swirling motions.
4. Now that we’ve given extra TLC to those areas, we can take care of the whole face and neck. Warm up more cream between your fingers and start with your cheeks using upward patting and sweeping motions. You want to gently massage but never pull your skin or use downward motions.
5. Continue with circular motions across the forehead.
6. Finish with upward strokes all over the neck and don’t forget your chest! If you’re a side sleeper, the creases you wake up with in the morning down your chest will eventually become wrinkles if you don’t treat that area too!
7. For the delicate eye area, we switch to an ultra-concentrated eye cream because the skin around our eyes is thinner and battling a lot of movement from smiling and squinting. With your ring finger (the least strong finger on your hand), dip into the cream.
8. Gently tap the cream about a half-inch below the eyes, starting at the inner corners and working your way across just outside of the outer corner. Eye cream travels so you shouldn’t go too close to the lashline so it doesn’t travel inside of your eye and cause irritation and swelling.
9. Gently massage the cream into the skin by again tapping (not rubbing) it over and over until it’s soaked in. The dots in photo 9 represent the pattern we used to tap the eye cream in.Tags: 2013, amy nadine, how to, how to apply day cream, how to apply eye cream, how to apply moisturizer, how to apply moisturizer 2013, kristin ess, moisturizing, patti pao, proper moisturizer application, restoring face cream, restorsea, restorsea day cream, restorsea eye cream, restorsea face cream, restorsea spf, vibransea, wrinkle repair