RED LIPS REMASTERED
By now you’ve checked out my Best Red Lip Shade For Every Skin Tone Tutorial as well as my Making Red Lips Last Tutorial. Well, this delicious look gets its inspiration from shiny cherries, red apples and juicy pomegranates… and was spotted on the 2013 A/W Kenneth Cole runway. It’s a gorgeous twist on the standard red lip, brought to life with added dimensions and a glossy finish. Here’s how:
- Classic Red Lip Pencil — I used MAC Lip Pencil’s Redd because it has been a staple in my kit for years.
- Berry-Colored Lip Pencil — I used Laura Mercier Lip Pencil’s Crushed Berry because it’s the perfect berry color and is super blendable.
- Clear Lip Gloss — I’m obsessed with Burt’s Bees Super Shiny Sheer Glosses because they’re not goopy or so thick that you feel like a bug flying by would get stuck in them!
- Line the upper and bottom perimeters with the red lip pencil, leaving the corners bare (as demonstrated above).
- Fill in the areas under and above the perimeters, still leaving the corners bare.
- Fill in both corners with the berry-colored pencil.
- Use the clear lip gloss to blend and bring everything to life.