We’ve had so much fun with the ombré trend (revisit our Ombré Lip Tutorial and our Ombré Stain Mani Tutorial) that I couldn’t help myself with this fun and flirty graduated liner look! Make sure to choose three liners from the same color family. I chose Aquamarine but you could do grey to black, lilac to royal purple, light green to emerald… the possibilities are endless! You could even do four shades! Here’s how:
- A Kohl Pencil in a Light Shade — I used NARS Larger Than Life Longwear Eye Liner’s Barrow Street for a light seafoam shade.
- A Kohl Pencil in a Medium Shade — I used CHANEL Stylo Yeux Waterproof Liner’s Jade #50 for a brilliant jade color.
- A Kohl Pencil in a Darker Shade — I used Milani Liquif-Eye Eye Liner in Blue #08 for a gorgeous aquamarine shade. The darkest shade is perfect for the flick so it will stand out.
- An Angled Liner Brush — I love Sigma Beauty Small Angle Liner Brush because of its thinness and precision control.
- Start with the lightest shade on the inner corner and trace it one-third of the length of the lashline.
- Continue with the medium shade directly next to the the light shade and continue another third of the length across.
- Finish the line with the darkest shade directly next to the medium shade and continue to the end of the lashline then out and up for a little flick.
- Go back over the line with the liner brush gently and with a light hand so you’re blending all three shades together. Do this only one time so you don’t over blend it into one color! Then use the brush to perfect and sharpen the tip of the wing.