Spring is the perfect time to break out a little color in your palette! And it’s much more wearable than you think if you apply the bold color along the natural shape of your eyelid (don’t wing it out) and pair it with a soft pink cheek and lip. I had the pleasure of creating this look for Emmy Rossum a couple weeks ago for her red carpet event and got so many emails asking what I used on her, I thought I would do even better and actually show you step by step exactly what I did on Emmy on my friend Jessie!
- Teal Eye Shadow — I used Lorac Eye Color in Celebutant and also really love Urban Decay Stardust Eye Shadow in Atmosphere which is slightly cooler while the Lorac shade is warmer (revisit my Undertones post if you haven’t determined yours yet!)
- Medium Dome-Shaped Blending Brush – Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Brush is the perfect compacted head for control when applying all over the lid and in the crease. If you don’t own a brush like this one yet, you’re missing out!
- Black Waterproof Liner — I love Tarte Skinny SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Onyx because it glides on thick and the blackest black like a kajal liner but it’s waterproof so it stays longer.
- Mascara – I used Kevyn Aucoin Curling Lash Color in Rich Pitch Black because it’s kinda major when it comes to curling and painting your lashes. Trust.
- Pearl Cream Eye Shadow – I used Stila Smudge Pot Liner in Kitten, the iconic warm pearl shade.
- Small Tapered Brush — Try the W3LL People Tapered Angle Eye Brush for both the pearl shadow above the crease or the teal shadow on the bottom lashline.
- Pale Pink/Peach Cream Blush – I used Stila Convertible Color in Gerbera which is gorgeous on pale skin like Emmy’s and medium skin tone like Jessie’s or try Petunia on dark skin tones or Fuchsia on the darkest skin tones.
- Foundation – I used Luminess Air Matte Foundation because I love the velvety coverage and the fact that it’s matte so you don’t need to powder after.
- Pale Pink/Peach Lipstick or Gloss – Emmy chose to leave her lips bare that night but another option would be Lorac Couture Shine Liquid Lipstick in Haute like I used on Jessie for a colored shine or Vincent Longo Wet Pearl Lipstick in Honeysuckle for a satin finish.
- After applying foundation all over your face and neck, apply the teal shadow all over the lid and crease with the medium dome-shaped brush.
- Sweep the teal shadow along the bottom lashline with the small tapered brush.
- Rim the inner waterline with the black waterproof liner by gently pulling down on the bottom lid and tracing the pencil just above the lashline.
- Sweep the pearl shadow just above the teal, above the crease, to add a little life to the area.
- Coat the lashes with mascara.
- Smile in the mirror to pop out the apples and apply the pink cream blush on the upper half of them.
- Finish with the pale pink lipstick or gloss.
By now you’ve probably caught on that we find a lot of our makeup + hair must-have’s on one of our most favorite beauty sites, Beauty.com… so we’re so excited to invite our readers to their bi-annual Friends & Family 20% Off Event from today until Friday 5/17 at midnight PST! It’s such a rare opportunity to get 20% off YOUR ENTIRE ORDER of your favorite prestige makeup brands like Urban Decay, Kevyn Aucoin, Stila, Vincent Longo, Lipstick Queen and my favorite Beauty Blender Egg-Shaped Sponge that you’ve been dying to try (including all of the products used in this post, just make sure to use this link after you’ve added the items to your cart to get the 20% off)!
Sponsored by Beauty.com!Tags: amy nadine, beauty, beauty.com, blog, blue, bold, bright, color, drugstore.com, easy, emmy rossum, eye, eyeliner, eyes, Eyeshadow, fashion, fun, gloss, green, how to, kevyn aucoin, lip, lipstick, lorac, luminess, make up, makeup, peach, pink, pop, pretty, red carpet, shadow, spring, stila, style, tarte, teal, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tip, trend, tutorial, urban decay, vincent longo