ALL HAIR, ALL WEEK!
Hosting a party? You’ll probably need a hairstyle that will hold up while you finish prepping the party for your guests. Now before you get intimidated and RUN from these 25 (which seems like a lot) steps, just know that most of theses steps are broken down into serious detail. It’s not that crazy, I promise. To duplicate this look, you’ll want to actually see the intricate details because that’s what makes this look so special. It shouldn’t take you more than 15-20 min to do after you’ve waved your hair. This looks extra-romantic when done on naturally curly or wavy hair–it also saves a lot of time! Ok, here goes!
- Start with clean dry hair. (If you have naturally curly or wavy hair, you can skip down to step 10.)
- Spray some beach wave spray at the root all over. This will help add texture and volume.
- Once you’ve applied beach spray to your root, heat it up with a blowdryer. (Oops- accidentally cut most of the blowdryer out of this photo, but that’s what’s happening.)
- Now apply a thin layer of flexible hairspray all over. Try to use something that’s also a heat protectant if possible.
- Gently brush the hair out using a soft brush.
- Leaving the ends out, curl your hair all over.
- Here’s an extra visual of curling with the ends out.
- Tease the crown for a little volume.
- Smooth it over.
- Take the bottom section of your hair and make a low loop using a clear elastic. Pull the ends around and mess it up a little. Then give it a light spray with hairspray.
- Take two pieces above that and twist them backward (inward toward each other).
- Now tie them together right above the clear elastic.
- Pin them together and then pin it to your clear elastic.
- Do another twist and tie right above that.
- Pin that together as well.
- If you have extra loose pieces, you can twist them and weave them through.
- Here’s an illustrated shot so you can see where the hair is weaved through.
- Braid a piece on the left side and pin.
- Braid a piece on the right side and pin.
- Take the remaining sections in front and lightly tease. If your hair is naturally curly, don’t tease it here!
- Twist the hair and pull out a couple fine strands as you twist.
- Pull that section back.
- Pin it.
- Lightly tease the bottom of the ponytail part for a little extra texture. Again, don’t tease here if your hair is naturally curly.
- Spray all over with a finishing hairspray.
If you do this and you Instagram it, please tag us @thebeautydept! We would love to see your final result. Remember– don’t try too hard. This hairstyle should be loose and flow-y, not too tight. xo