We’ve given cat eyes a lot of attention (revisit our Get Catty Video Tutorial and even our Double Line Tutorial) yet we still hear that you want more practice! So we asked our guest blogger Carissa Ferreri to chime in with her take on it, because she wears winged liner every single day. Here’s her advice:
A sultry cat eye is my all-time favorite look! It’s classy yet totally fresh, and when you’re in a time crunch this winged-out look can be the fastest way to look your best!
The challenge, however, is to get the “wings” to look symmetrical without spending all day to do it. Here is a trick I’ve discovered that does just that. *And remember: Q-Tips are your friend!
- A felt-tip black liquid liner — I prefer a felt tip because it’s the closest to writing as opposed to drawing. Zuzu Luxe Liquid Liner in Raven or Black Pearl is awesome, especially if you like vegan, natural products. Another favorite is the classic and never-failing Covergirl Line Exact Liquid Liner.
- A pointed cotton swab — Precision Q-tips work perfectly or you can use a regular Q-tip if it’s all you have, but you might want to dampen it first to smooth it down.
- Look at yourself straight on in the mirror. Where your eyebrows end should be the direction your liner goes. So if you kept drawing, your liner and eye brow would connect. But let’s not do that. Now tilt your chin upwards and look back down at the mirror with your eyes. This really does make the angle easier to see. Take your felt tip liner, which is my favorite to use to achieve this look , and start at the outside corner of your eye. Draw a “flick” up toward the end of your eyebrow. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Repeat on the other eye.
- This is the time to make sure your “wings” are symmetrical with one another. Take your friend, the Q-tip, and perfect your line. Take out any harsh marks and erase them away.
- Once you have the angle of your wing, draw on your eyeliner like you normally would and connect it to your “flick.” Here you can control how thick or thin you want your line!
Voila! Perfectly symmetrical Cat Eyes!!
Tags: amy nadine, beauty, blog, carissa ferreri, cat eye, easy, eye, eyeliner, flick, how to, liner, liquid liner, make up, makeup, perfect, pretty, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tip, tips, tutorial, wing, winged liner