Today we welcome back our guest blogger Carissa Ferreri who is sharing her favorite way to turn any lipstick into a matte lipstick. Take it away, Carissa!
I pride myself on bargain shopping and getting the most bang for your buck. There are so many makeup products out there and sometimes you just don’t have the funds or room for every shade and texture of the season! So here’s an easy way to use products that you may already own to give yourself a newer look. I love the satin lipsticks but adore the look of really bright matte lips where they are the focus of attention. Instead of buying yet another product to create this look, just use what you have!
- You favorite lip color — I used Revlon ColorStay Just Bitten Lip Stain in Lovesick because I love its shiny texture and softness.
- Matching powder blush — Smashbox Blush Rush in Radiance is a perfect matte blush.
- Apply the lip color all over.
- Dip your finger in the blush like a fingerprint.
- Stamp and press your finger all over the lip area until it is completely matte.
It is the perfect pop of color and because the blush is a powder blush, it helps set the lip color to really last. Just three easy steps and you have yourself a whole new look and lip color. Get creative and try blush to lighten, darken, or brighten a lipstick that you might have given up on!
Tags: amy nadine, beauty, blog, blush, carissa ferreri, DIY, do it yourself, easy, how to, lip, lipstick, make up, makeup, matte, pretty, quick, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tip, tips, trend, tutorial