Oh hey Fancy Face! This playful look is of course inspired by Dorothy’s ruby red slippers! Because who said glitter is only wearable on the eyes? When you’re headed out to a Valentine’s party (or need a reason to throw one!), try this and you’re sure to sparkle! Here’s how:
- Your best red lipstick (revisit our guide to finding the perfect red for your skin tone by clicking here) — I used Hourglass Femme Rouge in Icon on Carissa above because it’s one of those incredible reds that somehow looks good on almost every skin tone.
- Red glitter — I used Cinema Secrets Hollywood Lights Microfine Glitter in Glitz
- Clear Lip Gloss — I used Elizabeth Arden Crystal Clear Lip Gloss because it’s not too goopy but adds a gorgeous sheen.
- Lip brush — Any lip brush will work, but don’t even get me started on this NARS Kabuki Lip Brush. It came with their Bento Box Lip Set and is unbeatable for precision when applying lipstick and gloss.
- Apply a moderate coat of the red lipstick either directly from the tube or with a lip brush.
- Do not blot but immediately press your finger into the glitter pot to load it up then press it directly all over your lips in a stamping motion.
- Finish with the clear lip gloss.
Pair it with a minimal eye (liner and mascara but go light on the shadow) and you’re all set!Tags: amy nadine, beauty, blog, DIY, do it yourself, easy, fun, glitter, how to, lip, lipstick, make up, makeup, nighttime, party, pretty, red, style, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tip, trend, tutorial, valentine, valentine's day