We get so many emails asking us for makeup looks on the lighter side. And I’m a big believer that sometimes the simplest looks can be the prettiest. So today we’ve created a Rose Gold wash of color all over the lid to add a hint of interest and beauty in a non-distracting manner. I’ve yet to find a rose gold shadow that actually looks rose gold on the skin, so we just made our own! Here’s how:
- A gold cream eye shadow — I used Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in Gold Rush
- A pink powder eye shadow — I used Laura Mercier Baked Eye Color in Petal Pink
- A shadow brush (or your fingers will do)
- Apply the gold cream shadow all over the lid and crease. Use your finger to smooth over any clumps.
- Stamp/press the pink powder shadow on top of the gold shadow. I like to do this with my finger but a brush works well too.
That’s it! Add a coat of mascara and pair it with a light pink lip for a simple day look or with a vamp statement lip at night.