A few days ago I was in one of those fun paper stores when I saw the new gold + silver Sharpies. Of course I bought them. Thought I would give them a try on my nails and see if they would stay put when a top coat was added. BOOM. My new favorite nail art tool was discovered. It came out even better than I had imagined. It’s really hard to get a super-reflective gold paint for accenting your nails– particularly one that’s easy to use. This is one of the easiest applications ever because everyone knows how to use a pen. I don’t really love the nail art pens because I find that the polish separates and it can come out “chunky” after a couple uses. So glad I stumbled upon these gems! Here are a couple of things you should know:
- Goes on top of a dry coat of nail polish or on top of gel nails smoothly.
- If you mess up, you can wipe it off gently with rubbing alcohol without smudging your polish– this literally makes your nail kinda like a dry erase board!
- Let the metallic paint dry and then add your top coat. I painted my top coats on pretty quickly and had zero problems with smudging or discoloration.
- The pens come in gold and silver.
- Sharpie also makes “paint pens” and these are NOT those, so make sure you get the one above in the photo. The other ones have a rougher pen tip and don’t work the same.
This is going to come in very handy for remaining holiday/new year nails! By the way, this is NOT a sponsored post in case you were wondering. It’s just a really exciting discovery and wanted to share!! xoTags: dotting tool, gold manicure, gold pen, gold sharpie, holiday manicure, holiday nail ideas, how to, kristin ess, kristin ess nails, mani, mani monday, manicure, manis, metallic nail art, sharpie nail art, silver pen, silver sharpie, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tutorial