GUEST POST: DOUBLE DUTY IN AN EMERGENCY
For months now you’ve gotten to know my assistant Carissa Ferreri‘s lovely eyes and lips when she’s modeled for my makeup posts! But today she’s sharing a tip of her own. Take it away, Carissa!
Here is a trick I personally discovered while taking a trip that almost ended up in makeup disaster! I had just arrived at my destination and was getting ready for a night out. Since I was on vacation I consolidated my makeup to a small bag and just brought a few essentials. At the time I was in a phase using a black eyeshadow for eyeliner, and you guessed it… as soon as i opened the bag, black shadow everywhere! It had broke en route and I immediately realized what a bad decision it was. I panicked! I didn’t have time to go to the store so I frantically searched in my makeup bag for something else. I couldn’t believe I had packed so little! I am known for overpacking in every sense and the one time i needed an array of products I had failed to bring them. All of a sudden my MacGuyver instincts kicked in and like a lightbulb I zeroed in on the mascara! Clearly it’s safe for eyes and has the consistency of a cream liner. I used my flat slanted eyeliner brush and Voila! My signature cat eye done with none other than my favorite mascara! It lasted all night and I use my mascara liner trick to this day!
- Your favorite mascara — we used our latest obsession, Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara.
- Your favorite liner brush — we used Space NK’s Slanted Angle Brush.
- Handheld mirror (optional) — we used an adorable Anna Sui Mirror similar to this one.
- Sweep the liner brush against the bristles of the mascara wand to load it up with product.
- Line your upper lash line like you would with any gel liner.
- Liner your lower lash line (optional).
- Finish with a coat of mascara.