For months now you’ve gotten to know my assistant Carissa Ferreri‘s lovely eyes and lips when she’s modeled for my makeup posts! But today she’s sharing a tip of her own. Take it away, Carissa!
Here is a trick I personally discovered while taking a trip that almost ended up in makeup disaster! I had just arrived at my destination and was getting ready for a night out. Since I was on vacation I consolidated my makeup to a small bag and just brought a few essentials. At the time I was in a phase using a black eyeshadow for eyeliner, and you guessed it… as soon as i opened the bag, black shadow everywhere! It had broke en route and I immediately realized what a bad decision it was. I panicked! I didn’t have time to go to the store so I frantically searched in my makeup bag for something else. I couldn’t believe I had packed so little! I am known for overpacking in every sense and the one time i needed an array of products I had failed to bring them. All of a sudden my MacGuyver instincts kicked in and like a lightbulb I zeroed in on the mascara! Clearly it’s safe for eyes and has the consistency of a cream liner. I used my flat slanted eyeliner brush and Voila! My signature cat eye done with none other than my favorite mascara! It lasted all night and I use my mascara liner trick to this day!
- Your favorite mascara — we used our latest obsession, Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara.
- Your favorite liner brush — we used Space NK’s Slanted Angle Brush.
- Handheld mirror (optional) — we used an adorable Anna Sui Mirror similar to this one.
- Sweep the liner brush against the bristles of the mascara wand to load it up with product.
- Line your upper lash line like you would with any gel liner.
- Liner your lower lash line (optional).
- Finish with a coat of mascara.