I love a foiled lip all year round, but especially for holiday parties or New Year’s! It’s a really festive look that’s very sultry and coy. There are metallic lipsticks out there but nothing really that gives you a foiled look like eyeshadow minerals over lip gloss (and this way you can use something you already own!). If the idea doesn’t sound or look pretty to you, it’s one of those things that you should actually try first before you dismiss it… you might be surprised how sexy it is. Heres’s how:
- Clear Lip Gloss — I used Calvin Klein Fully Delicious Sheer Plumping Gloss because it plumps up the lip and tastes like heaven!
- Any pink/red/coral mineral eye shadow that has a shimmer to it — I used Youngblood Crushed Mineral Powder in Kashbah, a gorgeous mauve-rose shimmer.
- Any gold/silver mineral eye shadow that is metallic — I used Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Loose Colour Concentrate in Flicker for light lip tones and Triptych for darker lip tones because it’s a 100% vegan line.
- Apply the gloss all over. Blot with tissue if it’s too goopy.
- Sprinkle the minerals in two tiny piles on a glass palette or your countertop.
- Press your finger into the darker shade (rose shimmer in our case) to pick up the product.
- Stamp the shadow across your bottom then top lip.
- Press your finger into the lighter metallic shade (gold in our case).
- Repeat stamping the shadow across your lips. Or for a fuller lip illusion, stamp it only in the center of both your top and bottom lips. Revisit our 3-D Lip Tutorial for photos.
Pair it with a smoky eye. I would opt for matte shades on your eyes as not to compete with your metallic lip.Tags: amy nadine, beauty, blog, DIY, do it yourself, easy, Eyeshadow, foil, foiled, fun, gold, holiday, how to, lip, lipstick, loose, make up, makeup, mauve, metallic, mineral, minerals, pink, powder, pretty, quick, rose, shimmer, style, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tip, tips, trend, tutorial