There are so many reasons to celebrate — your birthday, friends’ birthdays, holidays and every day in between. Today we’re partnering up with Beauty.com to celebrate their Friends & Family Event (which is happening now!) and to show you a crafty way to add this pretty party to your nails. My favorite part about this manicure is that you’re just punching out tissue paper circles and applying them to the nail. No major skills required, unlike most nail art! Here we go:
- Punch out tissue paper circles. Put about 5-7 pieces on top of each other to get a good solid punch.
- Paint the base of the nails with any color you want. We used Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Nail Lacquer in Cruising because clearly metallic gold says party.
- Use a pen to pick up the pieces of confetti and lay them down on the wet nail polish. Make a couple pieces overlap and/or cut some of the pieces down so you can lay them against the cuticle as seen in the final photo.
- Let some of the confetti pieces hang over the edge and trim them down when you’re done laying them all down.
- Once all of the pieces are where you want them, go over the whole nail with a good top coat!
The Beauty.com Friends & Family Event is a twice-yearly event that gives you the rare opportunity to enjoy 20% off your favorite brands, like Urban Decay, Philosophy, Deborah Lippmann & many more. It ends on Friday 11/9 at 11:59pm PST!Tags: beauty, beauty.com, blog, confetti, cruising, DIY, do it yourself, easy, event, friends and family, fun, gold, how to, kristin ess, lacquer, nail, nail art, nail polish, nails, obsessive compulsive cosmetics, polish, pretty, quick, sale, style, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tip, tips, trend, tutorial