FALL FASHION LIP TRANSLATION
You’d have to be living under a rock to miss this Oxblood fashion trend! Ok just kidding but seriously it’s been everywhere from handbags, jeans and heels to translated as a lip statement on the runways, the Emmy’s and the VMA’s. And the only way to do it is with a longwear lip lacquer. Why? Because there is nothing worse than having a deep red statement lip smearing and traveling past your lips. (Vampires are still in fashion but let’s not take the blood-drinking look too literally please!) So here’s how to get it done right, with a splurge and a save option for each:
- A dark red/burgundy long-lasting lip lacquer; this one in Rouge Gouache is a must have but this one in Timeless Ruby is a little more budget friendly.
- A bright classic red long-lasting lip lacquer; I used this one in Iconic Red on Carissa above and this one in Ever-Red-Dy is just as lovely but costs less.
- A clear gloss; this one is our favorite because it’s not too goopy and tastes like spearmint if your lacquer doesn’t come with one.
- Fill in your entire lip area with the dark red/burgundy shade.
- Immediately go over it with the bright red shade, focusing more in the center to also create depth for a fuller lip illusion. Allow it to fully dry for 60 seconds and check it with your finger to make sure.
- Once dry, go over it with the clear gloss to really make them come to life.