OH HEY BIG EYES!
For something so simple, a pop of color along the underlid makes quite an impact. For demonstration purposes I’m showing the how to on my fellow blogger Taye Hansberry’s normal-sized eyes (check out her fashion blog here!), but this is especially great for those of us with monolids or smaller eyes. Either instance, opting for a colored liner or shadow on your bottom lash line will make your eyes appear even larger and more interesting. Here’s how:
- A colored pencil or gel liner. I used this gorgeous Jemma Kidd teal pencil but also love this Yves Saint Laurent waterproof pencil. Every brand out there has fun colored kohl pencils and gel liners for you to play with. Just try to pick one that isn’t the same color as your eye color so they don’t compete with each other.
- A shimmery (or matte if you prefer) taupe shadow.
- Your favorite mascara.
- Line your bottom lash line, extending it out a little past your outer corner.
- Apply the taupe shadow all over the lid and crease, also extending it out past your outer corner so it’s equidistant to where the underliner ends.
- Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes. We went for more of a spider lashes look, but you don’t have to.
Pair this colored underlid pop with a lip and cheek from the softer/paler world (light pink, pale peach, nude) so they don’t compete with each other and all the attention goes to your eyes.