Sometimes you just have to jazz things up a little! This is a super easy and inexpensive way to have fun with your makeup. I chose black liner with black rhinestone studs to keep it elegantly simple but you could easily use any liner + stud color combination! Here’s how:
- A waterproof liquid liner that won’t feather or bleed. This one is gorgeous because it has a hint of sparkle in it, perfect for this look.
- 3 mm rhinestone studs from your local craft store or this wheel online.
- Latex-free lash glue.
- A pair of tweezers. Pointed tweezers are best for picking up the studs but you can use the top end of slanted tweezers like we did.
- A thin liner brush.
- Draw a thick liquid line from your inner corner to your outer corner, then wing it up and out. For a refresher course, watch our Get Catty video tutorial here. You’ll want to make it a little thicker than perhaps you normally would so that it’s wide enough to fit at least one row of studs. You can measure the width by holding a stud up onto your line to see if you need to go back and thicken it.
- Lay the studs out on a glass palette or your counter top in the shape that you anticipate making. Key word being anticipate! Once you transfer it onto your actual eye, you might realize you need less or more.
- Place a dot of lash glue onto the palette and allow two full minutes to get tacky. Please don’t skip the wait time. If you wait, you can literally pop each stud on and they won’t move. If you don’t wait, they will slip and slide along the lid.
- Dip a thin liner brush into the glue.
- Make a dot with the brush where you want to place the first stud.
- Pick up a stud with the tweezers and place it directly on the glue.
- Continue steps 4-6 until you’ve covered the entire line. Another method is picking up each stud with your tweezers then brushing the glue directly onto the back of it with the liner brush then placing it onto the line.
- Add a coat of your favorite mascara.
- For extra drama, rim your inner waterline and your bottom lash line with a black waterproof liner.