It’s good to change things up every now and then. Today let’s have a some fun with the classic French mani, shall OUI!? We’re simply adding two rows of cute little dots below the classic French manicure line. Simple enough, right? Get out your dotting tool and let’s get started!
- Essie makes some of our favorite colors for this particular look. You’ll need a good, strong white and a very sheer pink or peach. We used this + this together.
- Make sure your nails are completely clean. No need for a base coat.
- Paint a classic white french tip. It’s fine to be a little messy.
- Use a little polish remover along with a brush to clean up + perfect the bottom of the line.
- Go about just below the french tip line and make a row of 5 dots. There should be a little space (about 1/8″) like you see in picture 5. Make one dot in the very center first, then two on each side. We had the best luck when we made these 5 dots first and then sandwiched the middle row in between in the next step.
- Now go right in between the French tip line and that row of dots and make 4 more dots. They should be centered between the dots from the first row you created.
- Wait for your dots to dry completely and then do a coat of a sheer pink/peach color. We did 2 super thin coats.
- Last but not least, add a fast drying top coat.
Ooooh La La! Simple and chic. As always, show us yours on twitter! I’d love to see this in different colors!Tags: beauty, blanc, DIY, dot, dotten mani, dotting tool, essie, french, french mani, french manicure, how to, kimberly hong, kristin ess, mademoiselle, mani, nail art, nail polish, nails, polish, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tutorial