MANI MONDAY: DIY GLITTER POLISH
A lot of you have mentioned that some of the polishes that we’ve posted in the past are too expensive when you’re living on a budget. Well, this sparkly DIY glitter polish tutorial should help you out. Here we go:
- Roll a post it into a cone shape and tape the side to create your funnel.
- You’ll need 3 kinds of sparkle. I used thick chunky craft glitter from the craft store, a fine craft glitter by Martha Stewart, and a gold pigment powder. You can either use a gold pigmented loose-powder eye shadow or you can get gold pigment powder from the art store.
- Get a bottle of clear top coat. Don’t use a quick drying top coat. It will get too sticky too fast. I used a basic clear top coat and dumped out a little bit to make room for the glitter.
- My formula: 1/4 teaspoon of the chunky glitter, 1/8 teaspoon of the fine glitter and “a pinch” of the gold pigment powder. Your formula depends on the size of your clear coat bottle, but go easy because you can always add more sparkles.
- Once you get it all in there, shake it up. Then you can decide if you want to add more of one glitter or another.
This makes a great gift when you’re a little tight on money– just personalize it by re-labeling the bottle with love. Good luck! Let’s see those sparkling manis!