Now you can see why brown eyes are my favorite to work on as a makeup artist! Everything looks gorgeous on them! This is because brown is a neutral color and doesn’t compete with other colors the way that blue + green eyes do. Some brown eyes have yellow or gold center highlights, some have shades of hazel while others are so deep dark brown they have a world of mystery behind them! So basically depending on your style and mood that day, you have no limits.
- CLASSIC WING: Using a black liquid liner, wing the line out and up from the outer corner of your lashline.
- CRIMSON SHADOW: I wouldn’t advise this for daytime, but it makes a bold statement at the right nighttime occasion. This technically is the shade across from brown on the color wheel, making it complement brown eyes the best. Try Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow in Crimson (surprisingly very wearable!)
- WHITE SHIMMER: I live for white shimmer lids on my brunette clients with brown eyes! It really lightens and brightens up the eyes.
- INTENSE SMOKE: Yes it’s good to match brown eyes with fellow earth tones, but it’s also gorgeous to clash them with cool tones. Try a blue-based steel matte grey palette.
- SMOKY TAUPE: I did a full story on this shade last year because it’s such a winner! Try Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze.
- UNDER SHADOW + SPIDER LASHES: This Lash Lacquer that you paint on from Hourglass is perfect for creating spider lashes. Then add an under shadow for definition + moodiness.
- METALLIC SHADOWS: This brilliant finish really pops against a neutral brown eye, especially in a cool tone like this light silver shade.
- ROSE GOLD + MAGENTA: I am dying over this color combination since Tom Ford put them together in this beautiful Burnished Amber Quad. It’s especially harmonious with brown eyes, but also looks pretty with next week’s edition: green eyes!
The options are endless so have fun with it, ladies!Tags: amy nadine, beauty, blog, brown eyes, color, eye, Eyeshadow, how to, make up, metallic, pretty, spring, style, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tip, tips, trend, tutorial, winged liner