Sometimes you’ve gotta get a little country! Nothing screams sweet southern style more than gingham, so let’s make that into a mani, shall we?!
- Start by painting the nails white.
- Using the DIY sticker method we showed you a couple weeks ago, paint blue, pink, green or whatever color you love on a piece of tape. Wait for it to dry and cut it into thin strips. You’ll need 6-10 strips per finger.
- Lay 3-5 strips horizontally on the nail.
- Then lay the other 3-5 strips vertically.
- Trim the excess with cuticle nippers. (I decided to add one more blue strip at the tip of the nail at this point because I thought it looked better with blue at the top!)
- Apply a quick drying top coat to seal your gingham pattern.
You can do all your nails or just one. I didn’t want an overwhelming sense of this pretty lil’ pattern, so I just stuck to one.Tags: blue, country, DIY, do it yourself, gingham, kristin ess, mani, manicure, nail art, nail polish, nails, pattern, summer, summer time, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, white