Let’s discuss the “accent nail”. It’s fun (and a lot easier) to do nail art on just one nail, but it can be hard to come up with a pattern idea. Here’s a suggestion: take a peek in your closet! Look at your favorite shirts, skirts and dresses for inspiration. When our recent STYLEMINT tops came in the mail and we opened the box, we noticed the patterns + colors were perfection. Doing every nail can be a bit much so we took the pretty patterns and came up with some custom accent nail looks. Here we go…
RED POLKA DOT MANI INSPIRED BY THE CHARLTON T:
- Paint the whole nail white. Once it dries completely (I suggest leaving it to dry over night), use scotch tape to section off diagonally. Paint the side closest to the tip of your finger with a rich red.
- Dip your dotting tool in red polish.
- Dot the white using the red polish.
Note: You can also use the white polish to make dots on the red if you want to go opposite.
MULTI-STRIPE INSPIRED BY THE MADISON T:
- Gather some different sized art brushes. They often come in packs or you can gather old makeup brushes that you don’t use anymore.
- Paint the base of the nail white then make some small polish puddles with the colors in your shirt.
- Use scoth tape to section off different stripes. If you’re really good, you can probably freehand, otherwise use tape! Dip different brushes and drag across the nail to make various sized stripes!
FINE STRIPE INSPIRED BY THE ARDEN PULLOVER:
- Paint the base of your nail blue.
- Dip a nail striping brush in white polish.
- Lightly drag across the surface of the nail.
Here are some full view shots of the STYLEMINT tops that have were featured above. Have you become a member yet? When you first sign up, you answer a short series of questions about your personal style with their genius quiz, you can choose from one of four T Shirt styles, many of which are available in multiple colors, for only $29.99 each. If you don’t see a shirt you like, it’s no problem because there’s no obligation to buy. If you do find the perfect option (or two, or three!), you get free shipping, plus returns are easy. Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen design each T Shirt, and everything is extremely high quality with amazing fits. Membership is free, but the T Shirts do sell out! Bonus: the sweet peeps over at STYLEMINT are sharing the love and providing TBD readers a promo code– DEPT20, which is good for 20% off your first T. First time buyers only, valid until 3/31.
(this advertorial was generously brought to you by STYLEMINT)Tags: accent nail, brush, DIY, how to, inspiration, kristin ess, mani monday, manicure, nail art, nail polish, nails, one nail, pattern, polish, StyleMint, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com