Time to mix up the mundane… This has always been one of our favorite ways to spice up the plain old ponytail. We asked our fabulous friend Jaclyn from somenotesonnapkins.com to lend us a head to show you how to get hot hair in a hurry! This is a great way to style your hair for almost any occasion and can be done in minutes! Here we go…
TOOLS: curling iron (we used a 1″ barrel), clear ponytail holder or one that matches your hair color, bobby pins (we prefer large bobby pins for this because they hold a lot of hair and will stay more secure!), comb, hair spray.
- Start by adding some curl to your hair for texture.
- Create a low ponytail. We made a line from ear to ear and used the hair on bottom for this. Then divide the top into 3 even sections.
- Tease the middle section for added volume and texture.
- Then twist the middle section and pin it to the low ponytail using a large bobby pin for security.
- Tease the side section to add more texture.
- Twist it back and pin it to the low ponytail using a large bobby pin.
- Repeat the teasing on the other side and pin it to the low ponytail using a large bobby pin.
Pull a few pieces out around your face to soften the look. Last, mist the whole thing with a medium holding hairspray.Tags: color, DIY, easy, hair, hair do, hair style, how to, jaclyn johnson, kristin ess, messy, pony tail, ponytail, quick, somenotesonnapkins, style, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tutorial, twist, updo