If you combine our love of chevron patterns with our love of color, you get Missoni. Since the famous italian fashion house doesn’t make nail decals, we figured we’d give “Missoni Nails” a shot! While doing these nails, I discovered my new favorite nail decorating tool: THE GREASE PENCIL! The work so well for drawing on nail polish once it’s dry! It’s almost like a soft colored pencil. I got them in black and white and then did the colors with paint and polish…
- Essie, Mink Muff (Essie, $8)as the base color.
- Sharpie “Peel-Off” China Marker “the grease pencil” (Blick $0.81) to draw the chevron pattern.
- Orange and yellow acrylic paints (Blick, $4.31) in Cadmium Yellow and Cadmium Orange
- Sally Hansen Complete Manicure ($5-8) in “Fairy Teal”
- Sally Hansen Insta-dri Top Coat (Beso, $4.04)
Tags: chevron, color, colors, DIY, fashion, how to, kristin ess, mani, manicure, missoni, nail, nail art, nail colors, nail polish, nailed it, nails, pattern, polish, polished, pretty, style, TBD, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tutorial, zig zag