BALLERINA BUN (REMIX)
Hello lovelies! Today we’re showing you how to create a hybrid of our two favorite things– a bun and a braid. Certainly you’ve racked up some mileage on Ballerina Bun Airlines. Perhaps you’re bored and want to put a new twist on things…? This is the perfect way to keep it simple + fresh. This could be amazing for those mornings you’re rushing to work, or you can pop in a sparkly bow where the bun and braid meet for an adorable holiday party updo! Quick, pretty and polished. Who doesn’t love that?
- Flip your head over and put a little bit of pomade at the root. I like to do this because it makes the hair easier to braid by giving a little bit of soft/flexible hold. Braids are less likely to slip out when you use this.
- With your head still flipped, braid from the base of your neck going up to the crown area. Stop where you want the bun to start.
- When you reach your stopping point with the braid, tie the 3 braid pieces off with a clear elastic.
- You should still be upside down at this point. Now gather all of your hair into a high ponytail. Flip right-side-up and make sure it’s centered, then tie it off with your other clear elastic.
- Tease the hair with a comb or a teasing brush.
- Pin it into a classic bun shape. If you need help with this last step, click here. You could also top this off with the “Fun Bun” if you’d rather. (Last but never least, a light veil of hairspray is optional!)