Yes, this is intense. But every now and then, you just gotta bring it! A black smoky eye is the most extreme way to frame your eyes and make a statement. It’s not something you want to do every day (please don’t unless you want to look like you’re hiding behind your makeup!), but it’s super fun to do once in awhile when you’re feeling a little rocker chic. Here are some tips to pull it off:
1. Do your eye makeup first so you can use a baby wipe to clean up any black shadow that may have dropped before you apply foundation and concealer.
2. To decrease the amount of shadow droppings, give your eye shadow brush at least two taps against your counter each time you load it up.
3. For extra drama, choose a black shadow that has a hint of shimmer for the lid + bottom lashline, and a matte finish for the crease. Follow with a long-wear black liner along the top and bottom lash lines, then a black kajal/kohl liner on the inner water line.
4. DO NOT LEAVE ANY BLANK SPACES BETWEEN THE LASHES AND WATER LINE! Take a moment to scan for any blank spaces peeking through then go back with the liner and fill them in.
5. After applying mascara, add false lashes if you really want to go for it. Watch our Lesson in Lashes video tutorial for a refresher.
6. Pair this heavy eye with a nude lip. At the very most, a light pink or peach, but not darker, as a bold lip will take this look from chic to cheap…
7. The brows are a case-by-case judgement call. You can leave them bare or give them a little definition (since brows are part of the eye area, it won’t become makeup overkill).
8. Please don’t highlight your brow bone with white or shimmer. The contrast between the black shadow and your skin is enough.
9. Be confident! If you aren’t sure of yourself and walk into the room with your shoulders shrugged up, then the makeup is wearing you, you’re not wearing it. So with your head held high, own the look and have fun!
XO, Amy NadineTags: amy nadine, beauty, black, blog, drama, eye, Eyeshadow, how to, makeup, shadow, smoky, the beauty department, tip, trend, tutorial