Hello dollies! Today’s video is dedicated to those of you with bobs and long bobs. A lot of emails come in regarding short hair and how hard it can be to dress it up. This is one of my favorite, long-lasting hairstyles for brides and party-going gals who are lacking length. Hope you guys love it as much as we do!!
TOOLS: elastic based headband, medium sized curling iron, light-hold styling cream, bobbypins, comb, hand mirror.
- Start with an elastic based headband. (Learn how to make your own headband HERE!)
- Curl the ends using a medium curling iron. (1″ or 1 1/4″ barrell is perfect. Giving the hair a little bend keeps the straight ends from popping out.)
- Apply a small amount of product at the ends. (Ask your stylist for a light-hold styling cream. You just need something with a little hold to help keep things in place.)
- Put the headband 1-2 inches behind the hairline and pin it to secure.
- Take small pieces and twist them back + up. Tuck them into the headband and secure with a bobbypin if necessary. (Continue all the way around to the back. Lightly tease pieces with a comb if you have finer hair.)
- Finish the back and use a hand mirror to check your balance. (Do a light round with hairspray if you need it!)
Tags: bangs, bride, chignon, curls, DIY, easy, hair, hairstyle, head band, headband, how to, kristin ess, lauren conrad, party, quick, special occasion, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tutorial, updo, wedding