Did you know you can pull off wearing pink on your eyes, cheeks + lips at the same time? You absolutely can and should try it! Especially during these last few weeks of summer when we’re keeping everything light and simple. Here are some guidelines to remember:
- Keep the three shades in the same hue. So if you choose a salmon-pink hue, find a salmon lipstick, blush + eye shadow (or a light salmon shadow for the lid + a true salmon for the crease). Don’t wear a hot-pink lip with a powder-pink cheek + a salmon-pink eye. You want everything to flatter each other in a way where people don’t even notice the makeup after a few seconds and just think how pretty you look.
- Pick matte finishes with no shimmer.
- Consider your undertones. Those with cool undertones should choose a cool-pink hue, those with warm undertones should pick a warm-pink hue, etc. Again we want everything to be harmonious with each other, not clashing. I would suggest a bright hot-pink on dark African-American skin, a salmon-pink on Asian skin, a soft powder-pink on pale skin and a petal-pink on olive and light African-American skin.
- Another way to choose your hue is with your eye color. Blue eyes are in the cool family (go powder-pink or hot-pink), green/hazel are olive tones (opt for salmon-pink or petal-pink) and brown are warm (opt for a warm salmon-pink). But try it on to make sure that it doesn’t clash too much if you have clashing eye and skin tones. If it does, always choose your skin undertones over eye color.
- Skip eyeliner (or if you love the way eyeliner changes the shape of your eyes, pick only the top or the bottom lashline, not both, and stick with black).
- Coat your upper lashes well (bottom lashes are optional) and lightly define your brows.
If you are unsure of what your undertones are, don’t fret! I’ll be back on Monday with the easiest way to detect yours. In the interim, ask your girlfriends, mom or salesperson at a make-up counter then check back next week to see if they nailed it!
XO Amy NadineTags: amy nadine, beauty, blog, blush, cheek, color, eye, lip, lipstick, makeup, pink, shadow, thebeautydepartment.com, trend, tutorial