THE LONG + THE SHORT OF IT
Remember when Lauren’s go-to hairstyle was the bang braid? Well, lately this little lady’s had a new favorite. Check out this gem. It works on literally any hair type – short, long, curly, pin straight, anything! It’s so great for those mornings when you’re in a rush, but need something to pull your look together. Think of it as a french braid, but you only add in new hair from one side (the top). Follow these steps + be patient! You’ll get it…
- we like to part slightly off-center for this. on the heavier side, grab a section at your hairline. split it into three.
- start it just like you would a regular french braid.
- next add in a piece of hair from the top, still like a regular french braid.
- now skip the part where you’d grab a new piece from the bottom + keep braiding instead.
- then take another piece from the top + add it in.
- continue with this pattern until you have 5-7 sections added in.
- once you’re just past the ear, stop adding in new hair. Just do a regular braid + tie it off with a clear elastic like Lauren’s in the top picture.