This is both Lauren and my favorite look right now for so many reasons. It’s classic, it’s quick, it can make you look taller, and you can wear it with almost anything! The ballerina bun can be worn high up on the top of your head or down lower near the back of your neck. Either way, our favorite “go-to-do” for anyone with collar bone length hair or longer.
• Tools: 1″ barrell curling iron, clear elastic or pony tail holder, smoothing + updo brush, 4-6 large bobby pins, firm holding hairspray.
• Using a 1 inch curling iron quickly curl all of your hair under.
• Flip hair over and gather into a high ponytail securing with an elastic or ponytail holder.
• Using your smoothing brush, back comb (lightly tease) hair. (This will help the bun look more voluminous!)
• Twist hair and wrap around the base to create your bun shape.
• Insert bobby pins along the base of the bun, securing it to your head.
• Spray all over with a firm holding hairspray and smooth down fly-aways.
TIP: I like to shake my head side to side to make sure it’s really secure before I finish.
Tags: ballerina, ballerina bun, bun, easy, fast, hair, hair do, how to, kristin ess, lauren conrad, lauren conrad hair, quick, style, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment, tutorial, video