Every girl should be armed with the knowledge of how to do a quick vintage inspired Veronica Lake-esque wave in under 30 minutes. It’s one of the best ways to up the fancy factor on clean dry hair before heading out for a big night. The whole point of this tutorial is to do the exact same wave, one right next to the other and develop a pattern. So read the instructions, but more importantly follow the photos. Here we go! (more…)
Follow these easy steps to get Lauren’s every day wave:
• Tools: protective serum or argon oil, 1″ barrel curling iron, light hold hairspray, comb.
• Work a small amount of protective serum through the ends of your hair.
• Using a 1″ barrell curling iron, curl sections of hair away from your face.
• (The section of your hair should be comparable to the size of the curling iron)
• Comb through curls to soften them up.
• To finish, spray hair with a light holding hairspray.
~ For this quick every day wave, I like to use a 1″ curling iron because when you comb out the curl it will loosen up and widen, making it look like you used a larger sized iron. This will also help your curl stay in longer.
~ I encourage you not to spray your hair with hairspray until the end. When you spray it before you curl, you are baking alcohol into your hair which will make your hair brittle over time. Hairspray is meant to be topical. If you need something to help hold curl, find a good protective thermal spray.