Is the way you’re applying mascara making it clump? We blame the formulas or the wands, but sometimes, it’s us! That’s ok… when we know better, we do better! So here’s to losing clumps forever!
- Your Favorite Mascara — My two absolute favorite (I mean obsessed!) mascaras are Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes 5 Star Mascara (natural bristle wand) and Lancome Grandiose Wide Angle Fan Effect Mascara (plastic swan neck wand). They’re very different but equally amazing… dying to hear what you think if you’ve already tried them! I also love Covergirl Clump Crusher for obvious reasons!
- Lash Comb — Try Sonia Kashuk Lashify Mascara because it comes with a metal comb.
- You must wait for the first coat to dry before you apply the second coat. Typically a minute is perfect. Don’t be tempted to apply the second coat immediately. Do something else while you’re waiting (your brows, your lipstick, brush your teeth… anything!). You know how it’s important to wait for the first coat of nail polish to dry before you apply the second coat? It’s the same theory here. The product just adheres to the old coat and becomes thick and goopy, aka clumpville.
- Remove excess product from the wand before you go near your lashes. But don’t rub the wand bristles against the opening of the tube! This will accumulate around the opening each time and end up back on your wand when you return it after you’re done. Instead, simply roll and press it gently against a tissue.
- If somehow you still have a clump or two, simply comb through the lashes downward then upward.