This is one of those random suggestions that I would never believe in a million years until I tried it myself! Of course, it’s not going to plump you up like something injected into your lips by a doctor, but I promise you, your lips will swell enough to notice a difference. Why? Because the oil found in cinnamon irritates and inflames the mucous membrane, causing a rush of blood to flow to the area, causing it to swell. And for some of you, the lips will not only swell, they’ll get redder. If you pick up a lip plumping serum or gloss out there, turn it over and read the ingredients… most likely cinnamon is listed close to the top. Yes it’s only temporary and the most I’ve ever felt like it lasted on myself is a couple of hours but hey, I’ll take it! Here’s how you can make your own:
- Scoop out a pea-sized amount of Egyptian Magic with the spatula.
- Place it in one of the mixing divots on the tray.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon a few times on top of it.
- Mix it into a paste with the spatula.
- Dip the lip brush into the solution and apply it all over your lip area.
- Wait 3-5 minutes. You’ll feel a tingling sensation as the oil in the cinnamon irritates and inflames your mucous membrane, causing it to slightly swell.
- Wipe the solution off with a tissue.
- Follow with a tinted lip balm.
If you’re not a DIY kind of gal, try Napolean Perdis Love Bite Lip Balm Passion that is on sale on this link! For those of you inquiring about the purple eye shadow that I used, it’s Ardency Inn Modster Pigment in Orchid!