If I had a dime for everyone who asked me about post-workout wet hair styling, I would be the ricccccccccchest. Like, THE richest. And because I like you guys (gals) so much, I’m giving you what you’ve asked for– hair ideas that you can do when you’re leaving the gym, or even home, with wet hair. There are a million reasons to head out with wet or damp locks but zero reasons that it shouldn’t still look cute after I show you these ideas. So from now on, when it’s just too hot or you’re just too late or straight up TOO tired to blowdry after you shower, try this…
Before doing these, we shampooed with LIVING PROOF RESTORE SHAMPOO, conditioned for 3 minutes with WELLA ENRICH, detangled out of the shower using SEXY HAIR SOY TRI-WHEAT LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER, and then added a little ORIBE GRANDIOSE MOUSSE for hold and fullness once the hair dries. All of these links are for travel size and/or smallest containers available, which is what I keep in my gym bag.
THE BRAIDED BUN
Seems easy enough and we’ve all done it on dry hair. But braiding on wet hair is SO much easier in my opionion because it doesn’t tend to slip.
- Create a simple ponytail around the occipital bone (that bone in the back of your head).
- Make a regular 3-strand braid out of that ponytail.
- Wrap the braid around the ponytail and pin into a bun shape. The mousse will help create volume in the braided bun as it air dries. Gently pull it apart for texture if desired.
THE WAVY PONY
- Create a ponytail above the occipital bone.
- Divide the ponytail into two sections and twist them into each other.
- Unwrap the twists and scrunch until the curls break up. Don’t shake it up or break it up too much as you don’t want it to get frizzy.
THE TIED UP TOPKNOT
- Create a high ponytail about where you like your topknot to sit.
- Split the high pony into two secitons.
- Tie the hair in a half knot above the ponytail holder.
- Now tie it in another half knot behind the ponytail holder. It’s easy to do this on wet hair. Much easier than it is on dry hair.
- Take the ends that are left out and wrap them around front. Tuck and pin them underneath the bun in front.
Are you guys feeling these gym/wet hair looks? I’m also going to do one for short hair, so keep your eyes peeled for that one!