post + photos by amy nadine, graphic design by eunice chun
Another oldie but goodie, this trick is your best friend for many reasons… it creates a sharp line, it has a lifting effect and it takes the pressure off you to even worry about applying it perfectly. And all you need is a baby wipe. Sold! Here’s how:
- Before you apply foundation, start with a smoky eye. Hold the wipe from the side of your nose to the end of the brow. 99% of the time, this is the perfect angle for lifting and winging your shadow. If your eyebrow is on the shorter side, use the angle of the outside corner of your lower lashline to determine where you place the wipe.
- Place your finger on the wipe directly to the side of the eyeshadow as seen above.
- In one quick swoop, pull the wipe by dragging your finger from your bottom lashline to your brow.
- Remove the wipe and you’ll see a perfect + clean edge!
- Perfect the top corner by slightly rounding it out with a Q-tip.
You can end it there. Or… for even more drama, go back with a black kajal liner like the Physician’s Formula Shimmer Liner that I used on Sophia above (or a black liquid liner) and draw an exaggerated winged line using the edge as your guide.