A couple months ago we shared how to fight wrinkles with our Red Light LED Therapy Tutorial. We got so many requests for the blue version in the comments that I researched, polled my colleagues, asked my dermatologist and found the three that we found work the best. Here’s why a blue light LED at-home handheld device is the bomb to fight acne:
- It helps kill bacteria that causes many of your breakouts.
- It helps clear up existing acne.
- It helps prevent future blemishes.
- It calms the inflammation and gets your skin to mellow out.
- It’s safe for sensitive skin!
- Because it’s not a cream/toner/lotion, you don’t have to worry about it drying out your skin, irritating it or having a reaction from it. But you can use a Blue Light LED device in conjunction with your favorite acne skincare.
- Brook is using the Pulsaderm Blue above because its head covers a big area at once and it really calms my flare ups helping my skin clear up.
- We also like the Revive LED Therapy because it made a dramatic difference in my cousin’s skin and it’s on sale right now!
- Lastly, the Tanda Zap is awesome for when a big blemish has parked itself on your face because it targets it not only with a blue LED light but also with sonic vibration and a light warming to get it to chill out fast.
- After washing your face, pat it dry. Put on the safety googles that come with the handheld device (I didn’t photograph her wearing them because it crushed my flow!) or place moistened cotton pads over each eye, but then you need to meditate or talk on the phone as you won’t be able to see instead of what you can do in step 2!
- Sit down to watch TV or YouTube or while sitting at your desk or on your laptop, hold the device over each affected area for 3 minutes.
- Repeat daily and you’ll start to notice a difference within one week! My chin has been a nightmare this winter with acne and a rash-like dermatitus redness thing that’s way harsh, Tai! But 5 days with my Pulsaderm handheld and it calmed down and cleared up.