A lot of us never think about how we use our eye shadow brushes. And maybe you’re already using it this way subconsciously! But just in case, here’s a guideline to remember. There are five sides to a brush: the tip, two long sides and two flat sides. This is how I love to use them:
- Use the LONG SIDE to shade the contour (crease).
- Use the TIP to go back and blend it back and forth.
- Use the FLAT SIDE to fill in the lid.
- Your Favorite Eye Shadow Brush — Our top three favorites are this one ($$$), this one ($$) and this one ($).
- Your Favorite Eye Shadow Palette — Penelope is wearing this one ($$$) above but I also love this one ($$) and this one ($)!
- Load up the LONG SIDE of the brush with the contour (darker) shade.
- Trace the contour of the eye (the crease) with the LONG SIDE of the brush.
- Now go back over the crease with the TIP of the brush and blend back and forth.
- Fill up the FLAT SIDE of the brush with the lid (lighter) shade and fill in the lid space.
- You can add liner (I didn’t) then coat the lashes with mascara.