You see spider lashes on the runways every season and probably think to yourself “that’s so fashion-y but not something I’d want to do every day”. Agreed! But (you totally saw this one coming)… if the outfit is right, the time is night and the mood is sassy, why not let your lashes have a little downtown chic moment once in a blue moon? It’s fun and different; and let’s not forget makeup is a form of expression! Here’s how:
- Volumizing mascara like this one from ModelCo
- Loose powder (we used this Maybelline one)
- Eyeshadow blending brush (this is our tried and true blending brush from Laura Mercier that we’ve had for years)
- Lash Lacquer from Hourglass; even if you don’t do spider lashes, this product will blow your mind if you love a big lash
- Apply a generous coat of mascara on your top + bottom lashes.
- Dip your eyeshadow brush into loose powder and carefully powder your lashes. You can close your eyes if you’re worried about it getting inside but I usually give the brush a tap against the counter to get rid of any extra powder.
- Paint over each lash with the lacquer. If you don’t have one, you can use a second coat of mascara but will give up a little of the dramatic payoff that a lacquer will give. Try this technique if you’re using mascara for this step.
- To really exaggerate it, use tweezers to squeeze a few lashes together into star points.