There are tons of products flooding the shelves that promise to moisturize or exfoliate that winter skin– I’ve know because I’ve spent a fortune testing them out. Restorsea is the first product I’ve ever found to be effective in doing both at the same time. (Girl, you know I love a good 2-in-1!!) Between wind, weather + my heater being on so much when it’s cold out, my face gets those little white flakes (dead skin) which makes it hard to apply foundation evenly. No matter how much I scrub, peel or moisturize that dry skin always seemed to come right back. After about 2 weeks of using the new dream cream I had no flakes whatsoever and I’ve now been using it for about 3 months. I won’t get into the deets of the enzyme that’s in it or exactly how it works (it’s fascinating and you can read about it on their website) but I will tell you that it’s helped so much in getting my skin back to normal and restoring a smooth surface. Here are my favorite things to remember when moisturizing my skin:
- Wash your hands- It’s easy to forget to wash your hands before you wash your face. Do your best to remember because even though you’re washing your face, you can still transfer dirt + bacteria onto your washcloth where it might stay and find it’s way onto your face. Definitely wash your hands first if you’re just applying moisturizer because you don’t want to end up with dirt or bacteria on your face or in the jar. Eek.
- Warm water + steam- Wash your face with warm water as you normally would. Next plug your sink, draw a super hot bowl of water, put a bath towel over your head and hang out over the sink for 3-5 minutes. That will trap steam and open your pores even more.
- When to apply- The best time to apply moisturizer is when you’re just getting out of the shower or right after you’ve washed your face. It’s simple– when your pores are more open, the skin will absorb more moisture.
- Applying makeup- After you apply your moisturizer, blowdry your hair or get dressed. Then come back and do your makeup. You want to give your skin ample time to soak it up!
- Neck, chest + hands- Sometimes in our daily rush, we forget to moisturize beyond the face. We have delicate skin on our necks, chests and hands which need love, too! I love to exfoliate all 3 at least once a week and I have to say– it makes a huge difference!
- Ring finger- Some may know this, but some may not– your ring finger is your weakest finger on your hand. Use it to apply moisturizer, concealer and foundation around the eye to avoid pressing too hard. Too much pressure can stretch or scratch the skin if your fingers are rough.
What are your favorite tips + tricks for applying moisturizer to the skin? Tell us what your momma taught ya below! xo