photo/post: Kristin Ess
Reporting live from Miami, Florida! Keeping your hair in check while traveling to a humid place can definitely be a challenge. If you have paper-straight hair or really curly hair then lucky you! Paper straight hair may be mildly affected and tight curls tend to look best in humid places. However, if your hair type is anywhere in between those two types, you know how difficult it can be to avoid frizz in high-moisture climates. Here are my favorite things to pack and how to use them:
- A DETANGLING BRUSH- THIS ONE has very flexible bristles and is my favorite for detangling. It’s meant for detangling wet or dry hair. I take it in the shower with me and brush my hair out with the conditioner in it. Then I rinse the conditioner out and I don’t brush it after that– just towel dry once out of the shower. Flip your head upside-down as you towel dry so the hair doesn’t lay too flat against your head.
- SERUM OR ARGAN OIL- Take something to put on the ends of your hair to help weigh it down a little. I put this on once I’m out of the shower and after I’ve towel dried. I always take THIS SERUM because my hair is so red and it protects the color, but you can take whatever serum or oil you love!
- BLOWDRYER + NOZZLE- I like to air-dry my wavy/curly hair for the most part in humid climates, but bring a blow dryer with a nozzle on it to knock out any of those unwanted cowlicks along your part, crown or hairline.
- ANTI-HUMIDITY SPRAY- It does just what it says- keeps the moisture out. THIS ONE (also comes in a mini size) is my favorite. I like to spray a very light veil of this over the areas where I know my hair gets most frizzy later in the day. For me it’s the midddle. I like to put this on first and then…
- APRES BEACH SPRAY- THIS ONE is my fave because it’s soft. It’s not crunchy like a lot of beach sprays can be. (This one comes in a mini too!)
- CURLING IRON- I always take my 1″ curling iron to humid places to quickly touch up any of the curls that misbehave once my hair has air-dried. Not every single piece is going to lay perfectly.
- HOT IRON COVER- These are the greatest thing for travel because when you’re rushing, you don’t want to throw a hot curling iron in with your clothes and products. I particularly love THIS ONE because it’s cute and mostly because it’s made by the lovely Lauren Conrad with xo(eco).
- HAIR PINS + PONYTAIL HOLDERS- You can’t go wrong with putting your hair up in a bun or pony when you’re dealing with humidity so don’t forget these gems!
Got any tips + tricks of your own for dealing with hair that gets frizzy in humidty? Leave them below! xo