POST: KRISTIN ESS
There are some things on this list we didn’t even know existed! But they do and your fiancé, best friend, brother, father may need these gems if they’re saying “I do” soon.
- SWISS ARMY HANGING TRAVEL KIT. He’s going to need something to put all his new fancy stuff in. Also… easy to zip up and take on the honeymoon. Men need baggage, too!
- HAIR FIBERS. I’m obsessed with these little bottles and have them in every color. I use this on both men and women for photoshoots. If there’s a weak spot/thinning patch on someones head, I shake these tiny little hair fibers onto the scalp and boom– no more see-through patch. Doesn’t look powdery and no one has ever been able to detect these fibers. They also stay put throughout the night, dancing and sweating and all. This stuff is amazing. I’ve used these on more grooms than one could imagine. Particularly those grooms who are a lil insecure about potentially seeing a thinning patch in a photo. Problem solved.
- MEN’S NAIL CLIPPERS. If your guy isn’t down for a mani in the salon, grab him a set of these. They’re made particularly for men. They’re wider and easier to handle and they’re also incredibly sharp compared to most fingernail and toe nail clippers.
- CLIPPER + EDGER SET. Of course the groom is going to get his hair cut before the big day, but what if someone in his dude lineup didn’t get a chance to ? Maybe have a set of these on hand for any last minute touch ups. Most guys know how to clean up another guy’s hairline and if not, hopefully there’s a pro on site who can take a second to help out.
- ANTI-REDNESS CREAM. I actually used this for a little while because I was having some rosey little flare ups on my cheeks. Until I could find a more permanent solution, I used this. If your guy tends to have some redness issues in his skin, get him a jar of this and have him apply a few min before the wedding or photos.
- PRE-SHAVE OIL (for sensitive skin). If your dewd has issues with shaving due to sensitive skin, get him to try this out. It’s an oil, applied before shaving, which softens and conditons the skin before going at it with the razor. It’s a bit of a buffer between the skin and the razor.
- ANTI-FATIGUE COOLING EYE ROLLER. Who knows, maybe he had to work up until the last minute or really partied hard at the rehearsal dinner. Pop one of these in the refrigerator and tell him to roll it under his eyes for a few before walking down the aisle. I have the women’s formula and it’s amazing.
- DE-PUFFING EYE BALM. Similar to the cooling eye roller above, this relieves any sign of sleepy under the eye. This one is a balm geared specifically toward puffiness so you would want to do this the morning of the wedding, not right before walking out. I would suggest giving this a couple hours to do it’s thing.
- CLEAR BROW GEL. A lot of men have untamed brows. Ask your guy to check those wild ones at the door on your wedding day. This is an undetectable clear brow gel. No one will be able to see it. It won’t make or break a photo if your guy’s brow is out of place, but it will just be nice not to have to think about it either.
- BEARD BOX. This is awesome and every bearded bro I know would LOVE this. It’s a box containing everything a guy could need to maintain a beard. And it’s all packaged up inside a gorgeous black walnut box. Such a gorgeous gift.
- OIL CONTROL MATTIFYING MOISTURIZER. No body ever sets out to be “the shiny guy”. Eliminate an oily face, hairline or even bald head with this mattifying moisturizer.
- R + CO CONFORMIST HAIR PASTE. I find that the most common men’s product these days is a water-based mattifying paste and this is a great one. It keeps the hair from looking overly shiny which is great for photos.
- ENERGY BUBBLES. All the energy of an energy drink, no jitters. Lots of vitamin B! Your groom will be socializing and celebrating all night, so make sure he has the stamina to handle all those hugs and kisses and long convos with your whole family (and vice versa!)
- MEN’S CONCEALER. His face gets an occasional zit, blemish, ingrown, razor nick, whatever. No one is asking him to put on a full face of makeup, but let’s say he does get a razor nick or an ingrown on his neck from his new cut… You don’t him or anyone else distracted by it, so grab a tube in his tone.
- PRO-GLIDE POWER SHAVE SET. If your Dapper Dan is not going in to get a professional shave before the wedding, let him give himself one. This kit is a collaboration between The Art of Shaving + Gilette so it’s a classic for sure, but it’s also not 500+ like some of the shaving kits out there. Eek.
- MEN’S EXFOLIATING FACIAL SCRUB. Encourage him to get any flaky, dead skin off with an exfoliator scrub. If you haven’t heard of Baxter, I’m OBSESSED. They make the greatest men’s products, they’re totally affordable and they work! Way into this brand for men. Anyway, have your guy do this once or twice before the big day.
- EXFOLIATING BODY BAR. Swap his soap! He’ll thank you because this will get any remaining flaky skin off the rest of his body.
- LASER HAIR GROWTH COMB. This is always a touchy subject. I couldn’t care less if my guy was losing his hair. But what if your guys does? If it’s something he’s concerned with an you want to point him in the right direction or help him out, try a hair growth comb. It uses low-level laser light energy to stimulate hair follicles at a cellular level to promote new growth. It’s an investment, but 93% of patients in their clinical studies experienced significant new hair growth, so it’s worth a shot.
- TEETH WIPES. This is genius and I didn’t even know these existed! Let’s say you guys are red wine peeps. And let’s say you’re drinking a lot of it at the rehearsal dinner or wedding. You don’t want to be the purple teeth people in your photos. Keep these on hand or in your purse and check your teeth when you hit the restroom.
- NOSE + EAR HAIR TRIMMER. The struggle is real, people. Have a chat with him about nose and ear hairs if he has some creeping out. Just ask if he’s interested in trimmin’ it back. If so, grab him one of these. Doesn’t matter how old you are or how hairy you’re not, these rando hairs creep out on every guy I know.
- CHAPSTICK + SPF. If you’re having an outdoor wedding and celebration, remind him to keep one of these in his pocket. Making out on your honeymoon will be so much better when his lips aren’t chapped.
In addition to this guy guide goodness, I found this amazing graphic on men’s hair while on pinterest the other day and thought I would share. It comes from a super cool men’s hair site called hair HairStyleOnPoint.com If you’re having the wedding hair talk with him soon, this website could be incredibly helpful and so could this graphic!