Every girl should be armed with the knowledge of how to do a quick vintage inspired Veronica Lake-esque wave in under 30 minutes. It’s one of the best ways to up the fancy factor on clean dry hair before heading out for a big night. The whole point of this tutorial is to do the exact same wave, one right next to the other and develop a pattern. So read the instructions, but more importantly follow the photos. Here we go! (more…)
photos: mariannan.com/fffound.com/pinterest.com post designed by kristin ess
Sometimes you’ve gotta love super simple style. These girls got it just right. This is a great look to try over the weekend and should only take a couple of minutes! Create a deep side part and tease the crown area for a little volume. Grab sections from the lowest part of your front hairline (near your ears). Braid, rope, or twist them back. Tie it off with a clear elastic. This is amazing with a little natural, messy texture so maybe avoid using a brush on saturday morning and do this before heading to brunch instead. We love it paired with a blazer. Happy weekend!!
Here’s a simple way to get a vintage inspired look. Eventually we’ll be going into more advanced looks, but some of you may have never tried this look before and we don’t want to scare you off! Pair this video with the “Hint of Vintage” photo tutorial for the ultimate loveliness!
Tools: Foundation, foundation brush or sponge, translucent powder or light-weight powder, blush brush, bronzer, black liquid liner, black mascara, red lipstick
• Start by applying an even layer of foundation to your face being sure to cover any redness, blemishes or dark circles.
• Lightly dust your face with powder for a velvety finish.
• Comb through your brows and fill them in using a brown pencil one shade darker than your natural color.
• Sweep bronzing powder starting directly under your cheekbones, across your hair line and under your jaw line.
• Now apply black liquid liner to your lids and extend the line beyond the corner of your eye for added drama.
I don’t know why, but I find this look so incredibly adorable. That being said, this is definitely a trend for the daring. Wearing a pair of ears on my head is normally reserved for my annual Disneyland trip (or Amy Nadine’s weekly trip) or paired with my Halloween costume. So it may feel unusual to wear it on a regular old Friday night, but I say who gives a darn!? Why not have a little fun with your look and play dress up this weekend?