photos by kristin ess, post created by lauren conrad
As promised, here is a step by step tutorial on how to do a candy corn manicure. This festive look is surprisingly simple to do and a fun way to show your halloween spirit. So give it a try and let us know how it goes… Also, don’t forget to tweet us a photo of your finished manicure at @TBDoffical . We love seeing all your fabulous results!
Orange nail polish
White nails polish
Yellow nail polish
Clear top coat
1. Paint your nails with 2 coats of orange nail polish. It’s really important that you give these coats enough time to dry. I would suggest allowing a few hours to be sure. If you would like to play it safe, trying painting them the day before and rocking orange nails for a day. (That’s what I did)
2. Cut tape into strips of tape that are about 1/3 the width of the length of your nails.
3. Place a strip of tape horizontally on the center of each nail. Press down on the tape securing it to your nail to guarantee clean edges between the colors.
4. Paint the exposed nail below the tape with 2 coats of white nail polish.
5. Paint the exposed nail above the tape with 2 coats of yellow nail polish.
6. Wait 5 minutes before carefully peeling the strip of tape off each nail. Like I mentioned is step number 1, it is important that the orange coat is completely dry so that the polish doesn’t come off with the tape. Finish with a clear top coat and your done!